2014 WOCN Society CCI Member's Research Grant
The Center for Clinical Investigation (CCI) of the Wound, Ostomy Continence Nurses Society (WOCN) Foundation is pleased to announce the Call for Proposals for one 2014 WOCN Society's CCI Member's research grant in the amount of $10,000. If you are a registered nurse and a current member of the WOCN Society, you are eligible to be a Principal Investigator (PI) of this grant, and are invited to apply. Eligible international members may also apply.
Through this grant, the CCI and the WOCN Society aims to expand the existing research base for WOC nursing practice and facilitate WOC nurses to be engaged in research as clinical investigators.
The funding priorities for the 2014 WOCN Society CCI Member's Research Grant are:
- Any topic of WOC nursing practice that promotes the science or practice of the WOC nursing specialty.
Eligibility and Terms:
- PI must be a registered nurse and be a current member of the WOCN Society.
- PI need not hold a Masters or Doctoral degree, but novice investigators are strongly encouraged to team with a more experienced investigator with an advanced degree to be a mentor and part of their research team, e.g., co-investigator, project advisor/consultant, professional mentor, etc.
- Eligible international members may apply.
- Submit a completed 2014 WOCN Society's CCI Member's Research Grant Proposal by Monday, February 17, 2014 by 4:30 p.m. (CST). There will be no extensions of this deadline.
- Accept and sign a Research Grant Terms of Agreement if research grant is accepted for funding.
Notice of Interest:
Please submit a Notice of Interest e-mail anytime before the grant submission deadline to Linda Dahle, Program Associate (email@example.com) when you are considering applying for a 2014 Member's Research Grant. This is not a commitment, and you can notify CCI later if you change your mind. This will enable CCI to send you any updates or resources to assist you. Please include the following information in the Notice of Interest email:
- PI Name
- Topic you are considering studying and title of proposal
- A statement of the purpose of the study
- Email address
- Telephone number
Grant Proposal Deadline:
The submission deadline is Monday, February 17, 2014 by 4:30 P.M. (CST). There will be no extensions of this deadline.
2014 Preview of Research Grant Proposals: Deadline, December 1, 2013 >>
2014 WOCN Society Member’s Research Grant Proposal >>
2014 Research Grant Terms of Agreement >>
For further information, please contact:
Linda Dahle, Program Associate
Center for Clinical Investigation
Dr. Donna Bliss
Center for Clinical Investigation Director