Call for Nominations for Nominating Committee (Areas 2 and 4)
To identify the most qualified candidates for the Board of Directors and Nominating Committee offices.
- The Nominating Committee shall consist of the chair, four (4) elected members (representing the geographic areas of the WOCN Society), and a current member of the WOCN Society Board, appointed by the WOCN Society Board of Directors.
- Appointment/Term of Service: Appointment/Term of Service: The Board of Directors every two years shall appoint the Chair of the Nominating Committee. The remaining Committee members shall be elected by the members entitled to vote. Committee members representing the odd-numbered Areas shall be elected in odd-numbered years. Committee members representing even-numbered Areas shall be elected in even-numbered years.
- Each committee member shall serve a two-year term.
- Committee members may serve a second, two-year, consecutive term, provided no more than two members succeed themselves in any given year.
- Eligibility: Only an individual who shall have been a member of the WOCN Society for two years prior to the time of election shall be eligible for election to the Nominating Committee.
Responsibilities – Committee Members
- Completes and signs a conflict of interest (COI) and confidentiality forms at the beginning of the service year.
- Solicit nominations for the officers of the WOCN Society (with the exception of the office of president) and the directors.
- Reviews all disclosure statements of candidates and notifies the Board of Directors of any actual or questionable conflicts of interest.
- Reviews summary of current Board profile information and identifies gaps in Board representation. Seeks candidates (preferably tri-specialty) to fill these gaps to ensure that the Board of Directors represents all disciplines, skill sets and geographic diversity.
- Validates that each candidate meets the criteria as set forth in the WOCN Bylaws for the position they are seeking and is a member in good standing, then develops and reviews a slate of qualified candidates for the Board of Director’s approval.
- Conducts interviews with all potential candidates, who are hopefully not running unopposed, prior to sending the proposed slate of nominees to the Board of Directors. A Board member(s) will be appointed to the Committee to help participate in the interview process. The Board of Directors may want to add additional Board members to assist in the process. If a current Board member is included on the proposed slate, or has intention of running for office, such Board member will not participate in the screening/interview process for the potential candidates.
- Upon approval by the Board of Directors, staff will disseminate the ballot to all eligible voting members at least 90 days in advance of the WOCN annual conference so that, the elected officials can be sworn in at the WOCN annual conference.
- Full, Retired or Life member in good standing for at least two years prior to the time of election
- Hold no other WOCN offices, elected or appointed at the same time.
- Comply with the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement and Code of Conduct Policy
- Reside in one of the states associated with that geographic area.
2-year term (maximum: 2 consecutive terms)
Even-numbered years (ex. 2018, 2020, 2022…)
Area #2, must be from one of the following states:
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa,
Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota,
Ohio, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Europe.
#4, must be from one of the following states:
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North
Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Africa, and