Public Policy Updates
Whether it's advocating for our patients directly or in Washington D.C., the WOCN Society works diligently to shape legislation that protects and strengthens the profession and is committed to advancing legislative activity promoting the benefits of WOC nurse involvement.
– Through our legislative consultants, the WOCN Society has brought the WOC agenda to the attention of Congress and works tirelessly to ensure that members of Congress are aware and informed about issues important to members. Stay up–to–date and follow public policy news on the WOCN Society's website.Guidance on OASIS
– The WOCN Society has developed a tool to help comprehend the OASIS guidelines for classification of wounds. These guidelines were developed by consensus among the WOCN Society's panel of content experts.WOCNews
–The official newsletter of the WOCN
Society, the WOCNews
, is published four times a year (two printed and two electronic) and distributed to all members nationally and internationally. Each issue contains an article on what the WOCN Society is doing in Washington or updates on the ever changing field of health care. WOCNow
- The official e-newsletter of the WOCN Society, the WOCNow
, is emailed to all members 9 times a year. The email provides latest updates on membership developments, new courses on the Continuing Education Center (CEC), public policy issues, WOCN publications and products, award possibilities, and includes links to job openings, the Image Library, as well as to related organizations. Position Statements
– The WOCN Society offers position statements in an effort to ensure the most beneficial patient care is provided in the most cost-effective manner.White Papers
[pdf] – Through white papers the WOCN Society supports initiatives to provide access to cost-effective, outcome-based, appropriate health care solutions, which will maximize patient health and minimize long-range costs. The WOCN Society is dedicated to ensuring the availability of appropriate care for individuals with wounds, ostomies and incontinence to provide patients with the quality care they deserve.Best Practice for Patients
– The WOCN Society develop guides for patients with wounds, ostomies and incontinence. They are available for purchase in quantity through our online store to help provide your patients with the information they need.Patient Care Information & Search
– All WOCN members share a common commitment to improving the lives and well being of their patients. The WOCN Society helps to support this passion by providing free information for patients and offers patients the ability to conduct an online search for a WOC nurse in their local area.