Regions and Affiliates are organized throughout the country where members of the organization can share their expertise, concerns and professional issues. These groups provide an opportunity for organized exploration and discussion in an environment structured to meet the needs of a local group. This type of community results in improved care of the patient, professional growth and communication regarding the wound, ostomy and continence (WOC) nurse and the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society (WOCN).
Objectives of WOCN Regions and Affiliates
- To provide support and encouragement for members of the WOCN Society at a local level.
- To foster leadership qualities in the WOC nurse through interest and participation in the professional organization.
- To promote and communicate the philosophy of the WOCN Society to the Society members.
- To encourage and support the new WOC nurse upon entry into specialty practice.
- To promote interest among interdisciplinary health care professionals regarding the WOCN Society.