2015 Research and Funding/Call for Research Proposals
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Posted by: Becky Dryden
The Center for Clinical Investigation (CCI) of the WOCN Society Foundation is pleased to announce the Call for Proposals for one 2015 Member's Research Grant in the amount of $10,000. If you area registered nurse and current member of the WOCN Society, you are eligible to be a Principal Investigator of this grant and are invited to apply. Eligible international members may also apply. Through this grant, the CCI and the WOCN Society aims to expand the existing research base for WOC nursing practice and facilitate WOC nurses to be engaged in research as clinical investigators. The 2015 WOCN Society Member's Research Grant funds studies that aim to improve health outcomes of patients with WOC problems, strengthen the evidence base of WOC nursing practice and enhance the delivery of WOC nursing care. Studies the CCI is interested in funding include, but are not limited to:
- Studies that increase knowledge about WOC nursing interventions promoting patient health and well being; describe the epidemiology,issues and impact of WOC health problems and the need for WOC nursing care; and evaluate the benefits of WOC nursing on healthcare delivery. WOC nursing interventions may relate to nursing assessment, prevention and management.
- Studies that include diverse or under represented populations in various clinical settings, or strategies that are culturally sensitive, advocate for patients or increase health literacy and patient/family care capacity are welcome.
- Studies that investigate comparative effectiveness of devices or products,medical procedures or pharmacologic trials are of low priority.
NOTICE OF INTEREST!
Please submit a Notice of Interest email anytime before the grant submission deadline to Linda Dahle, Program Associate (firstname.lastname@example.org) when you are considering applying for a 2015 Member's Research Grant. This is not a commitment, and you can notify CCI later if you change your mind. This will enable CCI to send you any updates or resources to assist you. Please include the following information in the notice of interest e-mail:
- Principal investigator name
- Topic you are considering studying and title of proposal
- A statement of the purpose of the study
- Email address
- Telephone number
Please check the Foundation, Research & Funding section (www.wocn.org/researchfunding) of the WOCN Society website for information. The submission deadline is Monday, Feb. 9, 2015 by 4:30 pm (CST). There will be no extensions.
For further information, please contact:
Linda Dahle, Program Associate
Center for Clinical Investigation
Dr. Donna Z. Bliss, CCI Center Director