President will work collaboratively with the Board of Directors and
management company staff in leading the transformation of the WOCN
Society from its current stage to a more mature organization capable of
delivering on its long term vision. Specifically, s/he will ensure that
the WOCN Society's fiscal, operational, fundraising, marketing, human
resource, technology, and programmatic strategies are effectively
implemented across all segments of the organization.
President-Elect will assume the position of the President at the
completion of the President's two-year term, at which time the President
becomes the Immediate Past President for a one-year term.
have 5 years of documented board level involvement in healthcare
non-profit arena and a minimum of 5 years WOC nursing experience.
- Prior nonprofit organization experience ideal
- Board development, fundraising, marketing/branding and fiscal management experience preferred.
financially and politically knowledgeable leader with the ability to
set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and
systems; analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, which
support and enable sound decision making.
- Strong coalition
building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with
a variety of internal and external stakeholders; a persuasive
negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions
articulate communicator via all mediums. Outstanding presentation and
communication skills with the experience to be an outgoing spokesperson,
and relationship builder
- Experience in recruiting and retaining a diverse team
- Serve as liaison from the Board of Directors to the Accreditation Committee.
- Perform duties of the President in the absence or incapacity of the President.
president-elect should be fully cognizant of the responsibilities of
the president. By being fully informed of the activities in all areas of
the WOCN Society and WOCN Foundation, the president-elect will be
prepared to assist the president in any way and to assume the
responsibilities of the office of president should the need arise.
Strengthening Infrastructure and Operations (President-Elect/President)
- Promote the delivery of high quality services while managing for current and future growth
- Support and motivate the organization's board, volunteers, and staff
presides at all meetings of the WOCN Society and WOCN Foundation (e.g.,
board of directors, WOCN annual conference, Annual Member's Business
Meeting, Strategic Planning Session.
- Work with the executive VP
and executive director to ensure efficient and effective operations of
the National Office and the WOCN Society.
- President appoints chairs of WOCN committees and task forces, subject to approval of the board of directors.
- President serves as ex-officio member, with a right to vote, on all WOCN committees except the Nominating Committee.
that the flow of funds permits the WOCN Society to make continuous
progress towards the achievement of its mission and that those funds are
allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential.
Program Development (President-elect/President)
with staff to increase efficiencies and consistency throughout the
organization by developing and implementing standardized programs,
services and program marketing
(President) Strategic Vision and Leadership
with board to develop, refine and implement the strategic plan while
ensuring that the budget, staff and priorities are aligned with the WOCN
Society’s core mission
- Provide inspirational leadership and
direction to all board, volunteers, and staff, to ensure the continued
development and management of a professional and efficient organization;
establish effective decision-making processes that will enable the WOCN
Society to achieve its long- and short-term goals and objectives
a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure
open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic,
and impact performance against stated milestones and goals
partnership with the Board, help build a diverse and inclusive Board
representative of the WOCN Society membership that is highly engaged and
willing to leverage and secure resources
- Provide visionary leadership as an innovative change agent that sees the big picture and thinks strategically.
- Approach problem solving with creativity, imagination, insight, and boldness.
- Present challenges in ways that call forth the best in people to bring them together around a shared sense of purpose.
- Work with the power of intentionality and alignment with a higher purpose.
Election: Odd-numbered years (ex. 2011, 2013, 2015…)
Term: Two-year term (maximum: one term)
President-Elect Nomination Form