Visit the WOCN Image Library
To view the Image Library, click here >>
The Image Library contains an assortment of images related to the care of wound, ostomy and incontinence patients and provides the opportunity to search images, learn about the image, and download for professional and educational purposes. Images from the WOCN Image Library may not be used for commercial purposes.
New Image Submission
(must accompany each image submitted for the Image Library)
If you have images that you would like to share and have posted in the WOCN Image Library, please email the images to Becky Dryden Carroll at email@example.com
with a completed Image Submission Form
that provides the following information for each image:
Please note: New images submitted must be taken by yourself or someone you know (with their permission to have posted to the WOCN Image Library). If images are copyrighted please provide the proper reference information and permissions received from copyright holder (this is mandatory for copyrighted images to be posted).
- Save each image file with a detailed title (be as descriptive as possible). This will be the title used for the image when posted.
- Provide a description for each image submitted (1-3 sentences [or more if you prefer]).
- List the gallery each image should be posted in.
How to Reference the WOCN Image Library in Publications and Presentations
If you are using images from the WOCN Image Library, we ask that all images be referenced/cited. Here are some helpful tips to assist you:
Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Given the available information for this image (there is no author since the WOCN Society did not create the image) it would be referenced/cited as:
Venous stasis ulcers [Photograph]. (n.d.). Retrieved November 1, 2015, from http://www.wocn.org/page/ImageLibrary
(Venous Stasis Ulcers, n.d.)
- If you are citing a number of photos from the Image Library, you can reference/cite the data set as a whole and then provide the name of the image in the text, the figure caption, or the in-text citation:
Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society. (n.d.). The WOCN image library [Image database]. Retrieved November 1, 2015, from http://www.wocn.org/page/ImageLibrary
(Venous Stasis Ulcers; Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society, n.d.)