MEET-AND-GREET THE WOCN 2021 ELECTION CANDIDATES
February 9, 2021 at 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Join us to welcome and introduce the candidates running for the 2021 WOCN elections. This is your opportunity to get to know the candidates and learn about what motivated them to run for an elected position within the Society. This program is open to the WOCN members only; registration is free and required.
With the annual elections opening on Monday, February 15th, eligible members of the WOCN Society will have the opportunity to vote for and elect leaders for the following positions:
- Director (2 positions available)
- Leadership Development Committee Members (2 positions available; Areas 1 and 3)
Annual elections will open on Monday, February 15th, and close Monday, March 15th.
- Individuals aspiring to run for an open position(s) during annual elections can campaign. It’s important to understand that a nomination for an open position does not guarantee placement on the annual election ballot. The annual election ballot is subject to approval by the WOCN Board of Directors.
- Members of the WOCN Society can campaign on behalf of nominees. Members of the Board of Directors and Leadership Development Committee cannot campaign on behalf of any candidate.
- Candidates can campaign using their personal communication platforms, including but not limited to personal social media, email distribution lists, etc. No campaigning is allowed on any of the WOCN Society (national, regional and/or affiliate) communication platforms, including but not limited to eblasts, forums, social media, etc.
- Membership lists (national, regional and/or affiliate) will not be provided to candidates.
Important Dates for Aspiring Candidates
- Virtual interviews with all candidates will be conducted by the Leadership Development Committee during weeks of January 4th though January 11th. These interviews will be held via zoom. Candidate attendance is mandatory. Additional details regarding scheduling dates and times will be forthcoming.
- On Tuesday, January 26th, the WOCN Board of Directors will hold a special conference call to approve the annual election ballot.
- During week of February 1st, WOCN staff will contact all of the approved candidates with request for additional required information, including candidate profile form, headshot, acceptance form and videos. This information will be used as part of the annual elections ballot. Deadline for submissions will be Monday, February 8th.
- During week of February 8th, WOCN will hold a virtual “meet-and-greet” meeting with candidates. This virtual meeting will be held via zoom and will allow the WOCN members to get to know the candidates prior to distribution of the annual ballot.
- Annual elections will open on Monday, February 15th and close on Monday, March 15th.
- Candidates will be notified on or around Wednesday, March 24th regarding the annual election results.