WOCN 2022 CALL FOR NOMINATIONS NOW CLOSED
We invite you to nominate a qualifying individual(s), or yourself, for open positions in the 2022 WOCN Elections. The following positions are open for nominations:
- Director (2 positions available)
- Leadership Development Committee Members (2 positions available; Areas 2 and 4)
Please note call for nominations is now closed. Check back for voting in 2022!
* Area 2 candidate must be from one of the following geographic areas: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Europe.
** Area 4 candidate must be from one of the following geographic areas: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Africa, and Antarctica.
- Individuals aspiring to run for an open position(s) during annual elections can campaign. It’s important to understand that a nomination for an open position does not guarantee placement on the annual election ballot. The annual election ballot is subject to approval by the WOCN Board of Directors.
- Members of the WOCN Society can campaign on behalf of nominees. Members of the Board of Directors and Leadership Development Committee cannot campaign on behalf of any candidate.
- Candidates can campaign using their personal communication platforms, including but not limited to personal social media, email distribution lists, etc. No campaigning is allowed on any of the WOCN Society (national, regional and/or affiliate) communication platforms, including but not limited to eblasts, forums, social media, etc.
- Membership lists (national, regional and/or affiliate) will not be provided to candidates.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ASPIRING CANDIDATES
- On January 25, 2022, the WOCN Board of Directors will hold a special meeting to approve the annual election ballot. Soon thereafter, WOCN staff will contact all of the approved candidates with request for additional required information, including candidate profile form, headshot, and acceptance form. This information will be used as part of the annual elections ballot.
- Annual elections will open on February 14, 2022 and close on March 14, 2022. Election results will be announced by the end of March 2022.
- On February 16, 2022, at 7 pm Eastern Time, WOCN will host a virtual “Meet the Candidates” meeting. This is the opportunity for membership to meet and get-to-know all candidates. Candidate attendance is mandatory.