Annual Nomination and Elections
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS IS NOW CLOSED
Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination for the WOCN 2023 Election. Please check back soon to see who is up for election. The following positions are open for elections.
– Director (2 positions available)
– Leadership Development Committee Members (2 positions available; Areas 1 and 3)
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEMBER
(TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE: AREAS 1* & 3**)
* Area 1 candidate must be from one of the following geographic areas: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, North America (excluding the United States), and South America.
** Area 3 candidate must be from one of the following geographic areas: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Asia, and Oceania.
- Individuals aspiring to run for an open position(s) during annual elections can campaign. It’s important to understand that a nomination for an open position does not guarantee placement on the annual election ballot. The annual election ballot is subject to approval by the WOCN Board of Directors.
- Members of the WOCN Society can campaign on behalf of nominees. Members of the Board of Directors and Leadership Development Committee cannot campaign on behalf of any candidate.
- Candidates can campaign using their personal communication platforms, including but not limited to personal social media, email distribution lists, etc. No campaigning is allowed on any of the WOCN Society (national, regional and/or affiliate) communication platforms, including but not limited to eblasts, forums, social media, etc.
- Membership lists (national, regional and/or affiliate) will not be provided to candidates.
Important dates for aspiring candidates:
Virtual interviews with all candidates will be conducted by the Leadership Development Committee during the month of November 2022. These interviews will be held via zoom. Candidate attendance is mandatory. Additional details regarding scheduling dates and times will be forthcoming.
- The proposed annual election ballot will be subject to approval by the WOCN Board of Directors in mid-December 2022.
- In late December 2022, WOCN staff will contact all of the approved candidates with request for additional required information, including candidate profile form, headshot, and acceptance form. This information will be used as part of the annual elections ballot.
- During week of January 9, 2023, WOCN will host a virtual “Meet the Candidates” meeting. This is the opportunity for membership to meet and get-to-know all candidates. Candidate attendance is mandatory. Additional details regarding date and time will be forthcoming.
- Annual elections will open on January 16, 2023 and close on February 13, 2023. Election results will be announced by the end of February 2023.
Please Note: To ensure that all participants in the activities of the WOCN Society are governed exclusively by the best interests of the WOCN Society, members of the Board of Directors cannot be employed by a commercial industry that provides products or services to the WOCN Society. Additionally, strategic employees of a wound, ostomy, and/or continence nursing education program seeking or holding accreditation as a WOCNEP (e.g., Program Director, Assistant Program Director, or any employee who works in a similar capacity overseeing the business or strategic direction of the program) are not eligible to serve on the WOCN Board of Directors.