WOCN 2022 CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
We invite you to nominate a qualifying individual(s), or yourself, for open positions in the 2022 WOCN Elections. The following positions are open for nominations:
- Director (2 positions available)
- Leadership Development Committee Members (2 positions available; Areas 2 and 4)
Nominations are due by Monday, December 20, 2021.
Please read the descriptions of each position before submitting a nomination.
* Area 2 candidate must be from one of the following geographic areas: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Europe.
** Area 4 candidate must be from one of the following geographic areas: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Africa, and Antarctica.
- Individuals aspiring to run for an open position(s) during annual elections can campaign. It’s important to understand that a nomination for an open position does not guarantee placement on the annual election ballot. The annual election ballot is subject to approval by the WOCN Board of Directors.
- Members of the WOCN Society can campaign on behalf of nominees. Members of the Board of Directors and Leadership Development Committee cannot campaign on behalf of any candidate.
- Candidates can campaign using their personal communication platforms, including but not limited to personal social media, email distribution lists, etc. No campaigning is allowed on any of the WOCN Society (national, regional and/or affiliate) communication platforms, including but not limited to eblasts, forums, social media, etc.
- Membership lists (national, regional and/or affiliate) will not be provided to candidates.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ASPIRING CANDIDATES
- Nominations are due by December 20, 2021
- Virtual interviews with all candidates will be conducted by the Leadership Development Committee during weeks of January 3 and 10, 2022. These interviews will be held via zoom. Candidate attendance is mandatory. Additional details regarding scheduling dates and times will be forthcoming.
- In late January 2022, the WOCN Board of Directors will hold a special meeting to approve the annual election ballot.
- During week of February 1, 2022, WOCN staff will contact all of the approved candidates with request for additional required information, including candidate profile form, headshot, and acceptance form. This information will be used as part of the annual elections ballot.
- During week of February 7, 2022, WOCN will host a virtual “Meet the Candidates” meeting. This is the opportunity for membership to meet and get-to-know all candidates. Candidate attendance is mandatory. Additional details regarding date and time will be forthcoming.
- Annual elections will open on February 14, 2022 and close on March 14, 2022. Election results will be announced by the end of March 2022.