Leadership Development Committee Member
Two Positions Available: Areas 1 & 3
To identify the most qualified candidates for the Board of Directors and Leadership Development Committee offices.
The Leadership Development Committee consists of the chair and four (4) elected members (representing the geographic areas of the WOCN Society).
Appointment and Term of Service
- The committee members shall be elected by the members entitled to vote. Committee members representing the odd-numbered geographic areas* (1 and 3) of the WOCN Society are elected in odd-numbered years. Committee members representing even-numbered geographic areas* (2 and 4) are elected in even-numbered years.
- Each committee member serves a two-year term.
- Committee members are eligible for re-election to serve a second, consecutive 2-year term, provided no more than two members succeed themselves in any given year.
Only an individual who has been a member of the WOCN Society for two years prior to the time of election is eligible for election to the Leadership Development Committee.
- Complete and comply with the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Solicit nominations for the officers of the WOCN Society (with the exception of the office of President), Directors and Leadership Development Committee members.
- Review all disclosure statements of candidates and notify the Board of Directors of any actual or questionable conflicts of interest.
- Review the summary of the current Board’s profile information and identifies gaps in representation on the Board.
- Seek candidates (preferably tri-specialty certified) to fill these gaps to ensure that the Board of Directors represents all disciplines, skill sets, and geographic diversity. Consider previous candidates.
- Review the potential candidates, develop and submit a slate of qualified candidates to the Board of Directors for final approval.
- Upon approval by the Board of Directors, National Office staff will disseminate the ballot to all eligible voting members at least 90 days in advance of the WOCN annual conference so that the elected officials can be sworn in at the annual conference.
*Geographic Areas of the WOCN Society
- Area 1 – Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, North America (excluding the United States), and South America.
- Area 3 – Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Asia, and Oceania.