On this week’s episode of WOCTalk we sit down with Kathleen Lawrence, MSN, RN, CWOCN and Vicky Pontieri-Lewis, MS, RN, ACNS-BC, CWOCN, to discuss an article that was in the March/April issue of the Journal of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing (JWOCN) titled, “The CAUTI Prevention Tool Kit, A Professional Practice and Collaborative Project of the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society”.
This article discussed a collaborative project that the WOCN Society participated in, along with many other organizations, to discuss CAUTI prevention. Kate and Vicky joined us to speak about their role on this project and the article that was co-written as a result of the collaboration.
The co-authors of the article were:
- Kathleen G. Lawrence, MSN, RN, CWOCN, VNA and Hospice of the Southwest Region, Rutland, Vermont.
- Donna Z. Bliss, PhD, RN, FGSA, FAAN, University of Minnesota School of Nursing, Minneapolis.
- Maureen Dailey, PhD, RN, CWOCN, FAAN, Daileysolution, New York, New York.
- Chenel Trevellini, MSN, RN, CWOCN, Patient Safety Solutions, LLC, Bayside, New York.
- Vicky Pontieri-Lewis, MS, RN, ACNS-BC, CWOCN, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, New Jersey.
To view the article in the March/April issue of JWOCN, click here.
To view and use the CAUTI Prevention Tool, visit our Clinical Tools page and click on the link for the ANA CAUTI Prevention Tool.