On this episode of WOCTalk, we sit down with two wound, ostomy and continence (WOC) nurses, Christina Palau Vaccari, MS, BSN, CWOCN, and Lynette Franklin, MSN, APRN, ACNS-BC, CWOCN-AP, CFCN, to talk about how they effectively use emerging technology within their practices. Christina is an inpatient WOC nurse at Emory University Hospital Midtown. Lynette is a WOC nurse with more than 20 years of experience as an instructor and clinicians, and she has practiced nursing in four countries. Christina and Lynette previously worked together in Emory’s outpatient clinic, and they presented a session on technology in nursing at a WOCN Society Southeast Region conference. Listen to learn more about different evidence-based digital tools, such as apps, videos, podcasts and websites that nurses can access at their fingertips to support their patient care.
Resources from this Episode:
- Click here to view the WOCN Society’s free, online clinical tools for clinicians and consumers.
- Click here to view the WOCN Society’s Document Library, which houses best practice documents, case studies, white papers and more.
- Click here to access the Society’s Members-only Forums, a message board platform where WCN members can ask clinical questions to nurses in all care settings.
- Click here to access the Journal of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing (JWOCN), the official publication of the Society. The journal is available as a free benefit for WOCN members.
- Click here to view the JWOCN article on the evaluation of web-based ostomy patient support resources.