On this episode of WOCTalk, we sit down with three WOC nurse experts; Dr. Teresa Kelechi, PhD, RN, CWCN, Dr. Phyllis A. Bonham, PhD, MSN, RN, CWOCN, DPNAP, FAAN, a Past President of the WOCN® Society, and Glenda Brunette, MSN, RN, CWON. We discuss the fourth edition of the evidence-based wound guideline titled, “Guideline for Management of Wounds in Patients with Lower-Extremity Venous Disease”.
Dr. Kelechi, Dr. Bonham and Glenda Brunette go into detail of the rigorous process it takes to plan, develop, edit, and finalize a clinical wound guideline of this nature. Each expert takes turns explaining different aspects of what’s in this guideline; recommendation for prevention and management of LEVD and venous leg ulcers (VLUs), intervention for wound management, assessment, and management of risk reduction, interventions for wound management, patient care, patient education, quality of life and much more.
The updates to and the importance of this guideline will be presented as a session during WOCNext 2020 Reimagined, this year’s virtual educational event taking place June 5-7, 2020. Learn more about this session by clicking here.
Registration for WOCNext 2020 Reimagined is FREE for WOCN Society members, and non-members can register for a discounted rate of $200. All content and Contact Hours will be available for pre-registered attendees through June 21st. Register online.
- Click here to view/purchase the Guideline for Management of Wounds in Patients with Lower-Extremity Venous Disease.
- Click here to view the WOCN Society’s Bookstore.
- Click here to access the free online clinical tool for Compression for Primary Prevention, Treatment and Prevention of Recurrence of Venous Leg Ulcers.
- Click here to view the JWOCN article on Venous Leg Ulcers.
- Click here to view the WOCN Society’s free, online clinical tools for clinicians and consumers.
- Click here to view the WOCN Society’s Document Library, which houses best practice documents, case studies, white papers and more.
- Click here to view/purchase the online WOCN Clinical Practice Guideline Series.
- Click here to view the ECRI Guidelines Trust, a new online repository of clinical practice guidelines from the ECRI Institute.
- Click here to view the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) website.
- Contact Hours: 1.5
Disclosure: The planners and faculty for this program have nothing to disclose unless listed below. All potential Conflicts of Interest have been reviewed by the Lead Nurse Planner, Nurse Planner, and Director of Education, and resolved according to the WOCN Society policy to ensure that no bias exists as a result of disclosed relevant financial relationships with Commercial Interest Organizations.