Our volunteers are what make
our organization remarkable
VOLUNTEER THROUGH WOCN TODAY!
There are so many ways you can use your skills to direct patient care, support fellow colleagues, build your leadership skills, and most importantly, transform care for individuals with wound, ostomy, and continence related issues.
We become stronger every time a member chooses to share their time, skills, and expertise. Take a moment to visit our listing of current open opportunities. Each opportunity lists the type of engagement, the time needed, and if there is any related travel associated with the role.
We have volunteer opportunities at different points throughout the year. Some of these include the opportunity to develop a best practice document, provide input on a new product or service, serve as a content expert for our public policy and advocacy, or on an advisory panel. If you are interested in enhancing your leadership skills, expanding your professional network, and earning professional growth points (PGPs), get involved with the WOCN Society today! There are many opportunities through out the year, so be sure to check back often or subscribe to our email list by clicking below to be one of the first to learn about opportunities as they become available.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
Adding your volunteer experience—as its own section—to your resume or CV can be a smart and strategic move. While it can help build your resume if you lack professional experience, it also allows you to showcase your most
valuable asset—time! Volunteering your time is evidence that you’re committed to professional and personal development.
Some additional benefits include:
- Professional development: Serving as a volunteer in an organization demonstrates that you possess knowledge and experience specific to your field. It enables you to build your personal brand while also increasing your value as a professional.
- Professional growth: Not only can you hone transferable skills, but you can grow your expertise outside of your current skill set.
- Networking: Volunteering exposes you to people you may not meet otherwise, allowing you to network with a more diverse group of like-minded individuals.
Application Deadline: FRIDAY, April 14, 2023
ACCREDITATION COMMITTEE MEMBER
- To accredit Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing Education Programs (WOCNEPs) according to the current criteria of the WOCN Accreditation Policy and Procedure Manual as posted on the WOCN website.
- To collaborate with WOCNEP Program Directors to foster continuous development and improvement in the quality of the educational programs.
- To evaluate each program and its overall excellence to assure a quality educational experience for the WOCNEP student.
EDUCATION COMMITTEE MEMBER
Purpose: Members of the Education Committee (i.e., nurse planners and content experts) oversee all aspects of the WOCN Society’s continuing education center (CEC). The Education Committee work includes monitoring, recommending, developing, implementing, and evaluating educational opportunities. The Education Committee works closely with the Society and National Office staff to ensure that educational content is in compliance with the ANCC’s guidelines for accredited providers of CNE.
MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEMBER
Purpose: Identify and address opportunities relative to recruitment and retention of WOCN Society new and current Members.
NATIONAL CONFERENCE PLANNING COMMITTEE (NCPC) MEMBER
Purpose: The National Conference Planning Committee (NCPC) draws on the expertise of WOC nurses and assigned WOCN staff to plan and coordinate the WOCN Society’s annual conferences.
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT (QI) ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Purpose: Members of the QI Advisory Committee advise on all aspects of the WOCN Society’s effort to quantify the value of WOC nurses by increasing availability and use of QI data applicable to WOC nurse work. The QI Advisory Committee works closely with the WOCN contracted experts and Society leadership.
SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE MEMBER
Purpose: To award scholarships to deserving, dedicated, and eligible individuals who support the mission of the WOCN Society and are interested in working in the specialty field of WOC nursing or are current members of the WOCN Society who wish to advance their education to improve their practice or patient care.
WOCNEXT ABSTRACT REVIEWERS
Purpose: Serves as a blind reviewer for abstract submissions for the WOCNext conference; Able to review 12-20 assigned abstracts using an online system within specific 2-week period in November (rating criteria provided).
Thinking of Becoming a Member?
Learn the benefits of joining and about our membership types.
Already a Member?
Login to access your profile and exclusive members-only content.