WOCN FELLOW PROGRAM
APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED
The WOCN® Society established the WOCN Fellow Program to recognize the excellence of nurses who have made outstanding contributions within the WOCN Society and/or WOC nursing profession, reflective of education, research, public policy and advocacy, membership engagement, and quality.
This honorable designation is based upon clinical expertise, leadership, scholarly experience, and contributions to the profession and health care systems. A WOCN Fellow contributes knowledge and expertise to shape the WOC nursing practice.
Applications will be accepted through March 1, 2023.
During the application process, applicants will be required to provide written responses to the following areas of inquiry:
- Demonstrate evidence and provide examples of expertise within WOC nursing education, research, public policy and advocacy, quality, and membership engagement
- Provide examples of conducting data-driven &/or evidence-based driven projects to improve patient care, safety, health outcomes, health system processes, or education processes
- Demonstrate evidence of going beyond the “ordinary” WOC nurse role and making a significant impact to advance the WOC nurse role
- Demonstrate evidence of dissemination of knowledge that demonstrates the value of the WOC nurse role and related activities
Applications will be accepted starting January 3, 2023, through March 1, 2023. The application process will take place on an online portal. Applicants are required to provide the following:
CV (template will be provided)
Essay demonstrating outstanding achievement in WOC specialty and leadership that commands respect and recognition from other leaders in the profession (Refer to essay questions in the Applicant Self-Assessment section)
3 letters of reference that speak to the work that the applicant claims for fellowship consideration
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years of WOCN Society membership at the time of application (not including years as a student member).
- Current WOCN Board of Directors are not eligible to apply and may not serve on any selection committee
RESPONSIBILITIES OF WOCN FELLOW
- Must attend the induction ceremony in-person that will be held during WOCNext 2023 in Las Vegas, NV. The exact date and meeting location will be announced later. The fee associated with the induction ceremony will be announced later
- Continue to further the mission, vision, and values of the WOCN Society
- Mentor novice and other nurses/clinicians to successfully continue to contribute to the growth of the WOC nursing specialty
- Nominate at least 1 deserving and qualifying individual each year
- A $275 non-refundable fee is required to apply
- Once inducted, annual Fellow’s dues are $350 plus the cost of an annual WOCN Society membership, which is a requirement to be a Fellow
- Applications will be accepted through March 1, 2023. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered
- Candidates will be selected and notified by April 2023
- WOCN Fellows will be inducted at a special recognition event at WOCNext 2023. Attendance is required